Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Easy Homemade Egg Noodles


            Dinner with my boyfriend’s father was a smash hit. I left that night with a dozen farm fresh eggs at my disposal and an excess of strawberry jam. I am still trying to decide what to do with the jam, but using the eggs is easy. Egg noodles are a main staple in my diet since they are inexpensive. I have been looking at an egg noodle recipe for a while. As cost effective as they are it is even more cost effective to make your own and fun.
            It was so simple. I mixed the salt and the flour together and formed a whole in the middle of my “bowl”. I mix most of my recipes in reusable Glad containers. Once it became sticky dough it was time to take it out and knead in more flour with my hands until it stopped sticking to me. This took about four more tablespoons of flour. I did not chill the mixture as the recipe calls for. I rolled it out onto my cutting board and cut it. Make sure to roll it very thin. If necessary cut it and thin the noodles out further with your fingers. The thin noodles were completely dry in an hour and a half. Once dry they are ready for storage/cooking.
            I chose to cook mine and share with my friends. My next batch will be stored just for me. The recipe says they can be stored up to a month and I will be taking advantage of that, though I’ll be shocked if they last a week. Keep trying these recipes. They're easy with minimum ingredients. Once you spend a week eating your own food you will not be able to eat processed food again. 

Egg Noodles

1 cup and about 4 tablespoons of flour
 ½ teaspoon of salt
 2 eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment